I told my boss' daughters last night that their dad asked me to find a new job. We texted back and forth and they apologized and said they were glad for the time we had together. I agreed. They are lovely ladies. I woke up this morning and pressed snooze for an hour and a half. I couldn't move. I couldn't get up. I couldn't go running like I wanted to. I couldn't really do anything. For the last 18 months, I have sent a text to my best friend almost every morning, and for the last year, we'd meet at 5:30 am at the gym. Neither of those things happened. What makes this all worse is that I got the news by text message, and then he went out of town. So we haven't been able to talk about anything or hash it out. I don't know what I did really. I don't know why I'm in this position, why I can't breathe, why I only want to sleep, why I can't wake up from this really lame nightmare in which my best friend is no longer a part of my life. can't even be around my kids because I can't even muster a smile.
Every time one of my friends would break up with a boyfriend, she'd lose 20 lbs. The only thing I CAN do is eat, and it's tragic considering all the work I've done over the last few months to get in shape. It's a horrible, horrible curse.
Every time one of my friends would break up with a boyfriend, she'd lose 20 lbs. The only thing I CAN do is eat, and it's tragic considering all the work I've done over the last few months to get in shape. It's a horrible, horrible curse.
I'm totally dead inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment